Cycling 2 beat pancreatic cancer

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | General Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Sun May 22, 2016 3:58 am PostPost subject:
Wull
user

I've now went by 5,100 miles for the year.

Still going strong.

Sun May 22, 2016 6:05 pm PostPost subject:
Evo4dav
established user

Awesome work. Keep it up. Great cause. Cool

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:32 pm PostPost subject:
Wull
user

I should hit 6k for the year tomorrow after the Trossachs Ton sportive.

A few weeks back I had a good day at the Isle of Mull sportive. Last year I had an absolute mare. 2 punctures, first being at mile 20 and the second at mile 44. That pretty much ruined my day and from that point onwards it was all about finishing. My overall time was 6hrs 36mins........moving time was 5hrs 34mins.

I did go back in October (in-laws stay there ) and did the route again solo in 5hrs 12mins. So the plan this time round was no punctures, that was the biggest goal haha, and to do a sub 5hr time.

I smashed the time, and managed to finish 2nd out of 160 who did the long route. 85 miles with over 7,000ft of climbing. In the end up there were 4 of us in a chain gang, going well, then with 25 to go and then 20 it was just the 2 of us.

Tim then attacked with 15 to go and I couldn't hold his wheel, I never really tried tbh, I kind of knew I didn't have it in me. So 2nd it was, and a time of 4hrs 26mins.

Next month I'll do EVERESTING and then I can start concentrating on preparation for Lejog and the 24hr event. I need to start putting in big miles, I've struggled of late tbh, but I did do a 154 mile ride last week, that was a good one. I felt ok.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:57 pm PostPost subject:
Wull
user

Bit of a late update for this but better late than never.

Sadly things went south quickly towards the latter end of the year, in fact from September onwards I struggled.

There were a few factors contributing to this, I started a new job in August which messed up my usual routine and made it more difficult to bang in the miles, and I kept falling ill.

So in the end up I had to call it a day and managed 10,001 miles for the year.

My EVERESTING challenge was a failure as well, the goal was an elevation gain of 29,079ft which meant roughly 29 ascents of the hill I had chosen. In the end up I managed 22,790ft which was 21 ascents equaling 122.9 miles. I had been on the hill that day for 15hrs, I couldn't go on. I was gutted.

Lejog never happened.

And the 24hr ride never went to plan either, now to be fair the goal was to do as many miles as I could in 24hrs, it was never meant to be "ride for 24hrs" so I shouldn't beat myself up too much over it but I still feel like I should have done better. My total for the day was 203.9miles.

Last year I was ridiculously fit, relatively fast and in the best shape of my life, weighing in at 11st.......

This year I've went down hill, I've never really recovered from when I was ill towards the end of the year last year. I've put over 2st on and my fitness has went, I'm sure I'll get back there, just a matter of time.

Thanks for the support last year, much appreciated!

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | General Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

View previous topic
View next topic