Carbon Footplate

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Technical    Page 1 of 1

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 pm PostPost subject: Carbon Footplate
Daveb
established user

I have bought a Carbon footplate identical to this after seeing it: (this is fitted to a Clio 197 also)

Iím trying to think how to fit it, wondering if you have any ideas as i know there is a few engineers on here.

The one in the picture the guy has fibreglassed big head bolts to the underneath then bolted it through the car.

Iíve also seen people do similar but bolt it right through the plate with flat head bolts.

Iíd really like to avoid drilling 4 big holes in the floor plan if I can avoid it so Iím not convinced about this method.

Iíd originally thought about riveting it to the raised section in the middle as well as an additional couple of brackets but it needs raised up and the raised section is curved so this is a no go.

Another thought Iíve had is 4 brackets welded to the floor then bolt the footplate onto these. I canít weld so I could maybe make up the brackets then get someone to weld them to the floor.

Can anyone think of any other ideas?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 am PostPost subject:
crayons
user

If you dont think you will want to remove it again you could bond it to the floor with and epoxy or windscreen bond.

if you want to remove then put rivnuts in the floor and bolt through the footplate.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Technical    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic