J5 WTF - Focus focus Focus

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Projects Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16   Page 16 of 16

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:43 pm PostPost subject:
Jackstrath
user

Ooof indeed Sad

its all repaired now, its not going to be super pretty due to this now but its going to be a function over form part i think!

Will polish it up and get the wax built up on it next time home!

Throttle body next!

going from the standard 55mm body to a 68mm body should be a nice gain in its self!

Back to calum haynes and he chopped the old TB plate off and welded on a nice new one for me! ( i make it sound so much easier that it is haha!)

And on the back of that i got the Throttle pedal wired up and working fine! so just the throttle body to do now! Need to wire in the Syvecs H Bridge as well so will need to have a little look at how that plugs into the ECU and talks!

Thanks Smile

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:26 pm PostPost subject:
James B
established user

Awesome work as always. The quality of that welding is superb!!

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:08 pm PostPost subject:
Jackstrath
user

Thanks, Yeh have you ever tried welding alloy? Its an art in its self!

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:33 am PostPost subject:
James B
established user

Jackstrath wrote:
Thanks, Yeh have you ever tried welding alloy? Its an art in its self!

I have decided that I won't even try welding. I can hardly draw a straight line with a pencil so an arc welder will not result in any better an outcome! Laughing

However i know who i'll be tapping up if I ever find myself in need of a nice line of alloy weld for something that will be visible! Wink

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:27 pm PostPost subject:
Jackstrath
user

Well another 2 weeks at home has flown by! and tbh, i thought id have more to update!
I have mainly been spending time cleaning the bmw, getting it tidy'd up for selling so thats swallowed most of my time!

Have been doing bits and bobs on the focus, first was to get the injectors cleaned, no issues just i had them out and thought it was worth while doing! £90 later all cleaned and tip top!

Installed the intake manifold and new throttle body, also gave the intake a little polish up as it was looking kinda grim!

wired up the pedal and tb and gave caibrating it a shot in syvecs, iv got them talking to the ecu but i cant get it to work, its over my head so il be getting matty at MB to have a look for me!
Also Tidyed up the wiering in the engine bay, it looks slighty better but i really want to do the whole lot again !

But i cant do that as im currnetly waiting on my new rad coming, standard one wasnt any issues but it was 15 years old so prob only a matter of time before it went pop!

current engine bay photo!

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Projects Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16   Page 16 of 16

View previous topic
View next topic