SLS 2020 - Points for discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:18 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

s2t wrote:
The Standings page again it would be easier to have the info on that page for the various classes and King of the Hill etc, also it is a bit confusing regarding road car championship, is it an overall championship or by class (or both)

KoTH - Combined, no class distinction - Best 7 of 8 Count

Road Car - Combined, no class distinction - Best 7 of 8 Count. If it was class based folk would just need to turn up to win it. Each class has a winner on the day though. Points are to the championship.

Retro - Combined, no class distinction - Best 7 of 8 Count. Each class has a winner on the day though. Points are to the championship.

Team Trophy - Combined (obv) - ALL ROUNDS COUNT
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:37 pm PostPost subject:
Jackstrath
user

AK wrote:
Re: the moving up classes comments...

I cant stress how much I dislike that rule. It doesnt make sense to penalise folk for being quick. I can see certain cases in isolation where drivers are unreachable in a class. I think a general rule to allow organisers to move individuals up a class would work better. Any feedback on that?

Some classes are more competitive than others, so you'd be pumped up a class if the class above isn't strong for a few rounds.

Case in hand.... Class B and A a year or two back. B was regularly quicker than A

I also Echo this, its not fair... not in the spirit of the sport ether!

Having done a TA event this year, and comparing it to my last SLS ( july 18 )
SLS is a good system with a good format, the dyno being only at RA is a pain for us north of perth lot, its a day out in its self to go down there, and the cost of doing so. Id like to see another dyno added up north. Dynos can change if its raining or if the suns shining !

I like the 1 lap final format. The action and drama that it brings would be a shame to lose it imo! It kind off sets it apart from Time Attack.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 am PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

Jackstrath wrote:
AK wrote:
Re: the moving up classes comments...

I cant stress how much I dislike that rule. It doesnt make sense to penalise folk for being quick. I can see certain cases in isolation where drivers are unreachable in a class. I think a general rule to allow organisers to move individuals up a class would work better. Any feedback on that?

Some classes are more competitive than others, so you'd be pumped up a class if the class above isn't strong for a few rounds.

Case in hand.... Class B and A a year or two back. B was regularly quicker than A

I also Echo this, its not fair... not in the spirit of the sport ether!

Having done a TA event this year, and comparing it to my last SLS ( july 18 )
SLS is a good system with a good format, the dyno being only at RA is a pain for us north of perth lot, its a day out in its self to go down there, and the cost of doing so. Id like to see another dyno added up north. Dynos can change if its raining or if the suns shining !

I like the 1 lap final format. The action and drama that it brings would be a shame to lose it imo! It kind off sets it apart from Time Attack.

I've not done SLS for a few years now, so not best placed to comment but I do keep a keen eye on it.

Agree with most of what Jack and AK say here. It's clear that it's equally possible that some drivers could under-perform in their class, it's always been the case that some drivers will do quicker lap times than those in higher classes. I see no reason to penalise this unless rule bending is obvious.

2nd Dyno I don't agree with though. Only way to ensure any sort of consistency is to use the same Dyno. Even then there will be variations due to changing ambient conditions.

1 lap format "make or break" for final I think should stay.

When SLS first started, the "track time per £" was big factor for people, sets it apart from the racing in terms of cost. Lose that and you lose a key bit of the attraction IMO.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:40 am PostPost subject:
Steve H
user

AK wrote:
Can you come up with a better suggestion for the qualy points? 10-1 for top 10? 5-1 for top 5?

Here's my suggesting for points scoring for 2020:

Qualifying: 1st = 15 points, 2nd = 12 points, 3rd = 10 points, 4th = 8 points, 5th = 6 points, 6th = 5 points, 7th = 4 points, 8th = 3 points, 9th = 2 points and 10th = 1 point.

Final: 1st = 25 points, 2nd = 20 points, 3rd = 16 points, 4th = 12 points, 5th = 10 points, 6th = 8 points, 7th = 6 points, 8th = 4 points, 9th = 2 points and 10th = 1 point.

The above suggestion is to limit points to the top 10, classes rarely see numbers much greater than 10 entries, and have a larger points differential between the positions for qualifying.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:54 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I've sent an email to Duncan/Stuart with the point that still needed discussed after Sat eve. Laughing
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am PostPost subject:
rstoughy

Agree 100%

A designated dyno is the only fair way to do this. Competitors just need to commit a day and get it done. Not that much of a hardship really to travel to Perth. Its pretty central. Bonus is you generally get a catch up with competitors for the coming year and you get a decent bacon roll Laughing

1 lap is what its about, clue is in the name - Super "LAP" Its a sprint race so no argument really. Anyone wants more laps then there are plenty of race series out there where you can have 15 / 20 / 45min races.

HummuH wrote:

2nd Dyno I don't agree with though. Only way to ensure any sort of consistency is to use the same Dyno. Even then there will be variations due to changing ambient conditions.

1 lap format "make or break" for final I think should stay.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2

View previous topic
View next topic