sold my RS, what next?

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | New Users    Page 1 of 1

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 pm PostPost subject: sold my RS, what next?
jamesmacc
user

hey guys,
just sold my 460 horse mk2 focus rs so i can get a track car and enjoy that instead, i would like to compete so i am applying for my class b msa motorsport licence, not as easy a it sounds because im type 1 diabetic.
got a few options, impreza build for saloons and sports class or go down the formula ford route.
been to a good few track days but only ever been on once with my old newage sti, loved it but had big grip problems with the crappy tires that came fitted to the new wheels i fitted
cheers
James

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
user

Hi, and welcome,

Don't let your medical condition be a barrier. Craig Brunton is also diabetic, does a lot of work to support the causes and was Scottish Formula Ford Champion.
As far as advising what route you want to go car wise, you need to think what you want to do and what you have the budget for. Scottish Saloons have a massive range of machinery and include the BMW Compact Cup, Fiestas and not as popular as they used to, but are cheap. MINIs are also very popular.
Single seat options are Formula Ford, or Legends.
Of course you could find you feet doing Track Days, then Super Lap Scotland, Sprints, Hill climbs, then races. It is up to you.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:33 pm PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

Welcome James.

If you like modifying and developing your cars, Sports & Saloons would certainly give you a wider scope to do that.

Why not pop down to one of the SMRC meetings, have gander and talk to a few folk and see if that gives you any inspiration? Impreza's are well represented in S&S so plenty of help and advice to get you going if that's what you decide to do.

Drop me a PM if you want to come down to an SMRC meeting, I'm sure between us we can sort out some tickets for you.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 pm PostPost subject:
jamesmacc
user

thanks for the quick welcome guys Smile i live in the scottish highlands on the isle of skye so its 6 hours each way for me to come down to a meet Sad i will make it down though i regularly attend club days when i can.
formula ford looks great but im tempted by sports and saloons due to the modifications, im so used to modding that i dont no how i would find having a fixed spec

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:52 pm PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

jamesmacc wrote:
thanks for the quick welcome guys Smile i live in the scottish highlands on the isle of skye so its 6 hours each way for me to come down to a meet Sad i will make it down though i regularly attend club days when i can.
formula ford looks great but im tempted by sports and saloons due to the modifications, im so used to modding that i dont no how i would find having a fixed spec

No bother, hope it helped.

If you want to get into racing, better be prepared to do some lengthy driving at stupid early/late hours!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:53 pm PostPost subject:
jamesmacc
user

[quote="scottish scrutineer"]Hi, and welcome,

Don't let your medical condition be a barrier. Craig Brunton is also diabetic, does a lot of work to support the causes and was Scottish Formula Ford Champion.
As far as advising what route you want to go car wise, you need to think what you want to do and what you have the budget for. Scottish Saloons have a massive range of machinery and include the BMW Compact Cup, Fiestas and not as popular as they used to, but are cheap. MINIs are also very popular.
Single seat options are Formula Ford, or Legends.
Of course you could find you feet doing Track Days, then Super Lap Scotland, Sprints, Hill climbs, then races. It is up to you.[/quote

just had a look at super lap scotland, seems there isnt too many rules and regs for modified cars, might be a event worth looking into, thanks for that

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:42 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

hello, welcome Smile
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | New Users    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic