2016 SLS: Dates, Regs, Classes, INFO

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next   Page 3 of 11

Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:04 pm PostPost subject:
Merlin
established user

AK wrote:

http://www.superlapscotland.co.uk/regs.htm

NonRace B for Libre? Is that a change from last year? So you are now free to enter Libre and still be on an NonRace B even though your car is not MOT'd and taxed?

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:28 pm PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

Merlin wrote:

NonRace B for Libre? Is that a change from last year? So you are now free to enter Libre and still be on an NonRace B even though your car is not MOT'd and taxed?

It seems to be. All due to the MSA formally publishing Time Attack as a discipline within Speed. The last few years we've been running to Sprints/Hills categories and requirements. However, the formal inclusion of Time Attack as a MSA discipline has given a bit more leeway.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:54 pm PostPost subject:
Evo4dav
established user

So then i could run full aero and all i need to change is my harness to an in date fia 5 point? Confused

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:08 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

pretty much Wink
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:58 pm PostPost subject:
Evo4dav
established user

AK wrote:
pretty much Wink

Cheers 👍

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:11 pm PostPost subject:
Jackstrath
user

can you use tyre softner ? lol , just an idea for david

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:43 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I'm sure there is something in regs regarding it.... will check
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:43 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Quote:
3.3.4 The use of any heating/heat retention devices, tyre treatments and compounds is prohibited. Tyre cooling is also prohibited other than by natural convection.

500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:37 pm PostPost subject:
Floof
user

Does anyone know if this regulation will still stand for 2016?

i.e. for modified production series under 2000cc a rear cage only is acceptable?

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:48 pm PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

Floof wrote:
Does anyone know if this regulation will still stand for 2016?

i.e. for modified production series under 2000cc a rear cage only is acceptable?

I'm fairly sure it is, though I haven't yet got my 2016 Blue Book

Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:58 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

Starter Pack: http://superlapscotland.co.uk/docs/2016_SLS_starter_pack.pdf
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:13 pm PostPost subject:
HummuH
SMRC S&S Rep

Of no real relevance to SLS but I was reading through the Britcar regulations and found they have quite an interesting system of classing cars, principally based on WHP/Weight but also with performance modifiers that in theory should bring all the classes closer together:

Classification

5.2.1 This is achieved by starting with the standard peak BHP (at the wheels) that most Championships use, but we also add the mid range BHP and the peak and mid range torque at the wheels. This provides a more complete engine performance indicator and covers all the engine formats such as normally aspirated, turbo, diesel etc that all have their various advantages.

This engine figure is divided by the weight of the car giving a power to weight indicator. This would be an acceptable place to stop with classification however to create a fair and stable platform for multi class endurance racing, modifiers are added to the calculation. The modifier list includes categories such as Aerodynamics, Suspension, electronic aids etc. is applied. Each modifier category is split into sub items such as Front Splitter, Traction Control etc. Each of these sub items have a number of options to select i.e. Front Splitter :- None, Moulded, Fixed or Adjustable. Each of these options is given a numerical value depending on the performance advantage which can be negative as well as positive.

Using the Front Splitter as an example, the numeric values are: None (-2), Moulded (0), Fixed (1), Adjustable (2).

By adding the Power to Weight indicator together with the Modifier indicator creates the Overall Performance Indicator.

5.2.2 The Britcar Endurance Performance Indicator (BEPI) is used to position the car within the class structure and ensure that cars are raced against other cars of a similar speed round a lap not just based on the same engine power.

5.2.3 Another advantage of the Britcar Endurance Performance Indicator system is that it will be hosted on our website. This will allow Teams to input changes to their settings such as weight, power, fitted items to determine how the adjustments impact on the BEPI figure. This will ensure their racecar is as competitive as possible but stay within their chosen class.

5.2.4 The Britcar Endurance Performance Indicator system will be used across both the Endurance and the Production Championships ensuring that all entered cars are judged and classified exactly the same.

5.2.4.1 The Britcar Endurance Production Indicators (BPEI) Ranges are as follows:-

Class 1 180 160
Class 2 159.99 140
Class 3 139.99 120
Class 4 119.99 100
Class 5 99.99 80
Class 6 79.99 50

Any vehicle outside these points is not eligible for either Championship.
Dunlop Endurance Championship Classes 1 5
Dunlop Production Championship Classes 3 - 6

5.2.5 It is the competitors responsibility to provide the promoters with recently measured (less than 6 months old) the standard peak BHP and mid range BHP as well as the peak and mid range torque figures. It will be these figures given to the championship promoters will be used to calculate an engine performance indicator. This performance indicator will cover all the engine formats such as normally aspirated, turbo, diesel etc. This calculation will form the basic figure used when determining the power to weight indicator.

5.2.6 Each competitor will submit the information about their vehicle before their first race weekend via the championships BEPI (Britcar Endurance Performance Indicator) registration system available on line (contact rob@britcarendurance.com for login details) once submitted and the Technical Declaration signed confirming the BHP requested in 5.2.1. The submitted technical declaration will be listed on the championship database and visible to all registered competitors.

5.2.7 Any changes to the Technical Declaration must be reported to the organisers before being allowed to qualify and race. The specification detailed on the Technical Declaration will be used by the Licenced Eligibility Scrutineer to confirm the eligibility of the vehicle against the class entered. An electronic copy of the Technical Passports will be held by the Britcar Endurance organisation and used as reference material.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:36 pm PostPost subject:
chorlton
established user

Seems complicated at 1st but v SLS, where aero would rape my power to weight, its actually rather logical & rational I think.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:40 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

Interesting concept and I agree it does cover a whole load of factors which would affect outright performance. It is complex and I can see where it would help equalise where they run at different circuits, some of which are much higher speed (aero) than Knockhill.

However, I'm seriously in favour of the ethos "If it ain't broke..." and "KISS"

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:08 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

easy on the kissing man :O
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Motorsport Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next   Page 3 of 11

View previous topic
View next topic