TrackScotland @ Knockhill 4hr - Saturday 1st November 2014

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next   Page 10 of 12

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 pm PostPost subject:
easty-5
established user

Andy10v wrote:

Cracking picture!

Is that stock or modified?

I think I might have some videos following you if you want?

It really is a great picture huh.

That car is pretty much stock. Has an Air intake, exhaust backboxes, Eibach Springs and CL brake pads.

Would love to see your videos. You were fairly shifting, had some good fun following you before finally sneaking past. Think I have some footage following you also. I'll get it uploaded.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:44 pm PostPost subject:
istoo
user

[quote="Andy10v"]
istoo wrote:
Andy10v wrote:

Andy, nice to see you after a long sabbatical, chatted to your dad who was entertaining as always. Took your pal out for a few laps, he never spoke, hopefully he was OK!

Spoke to a few of the old quattro crowd, howdy to all, nostalgia. And great to see them all still running, i know how much effort time and love is required to do that.

Good to see you again, sorry I didnt chat for long, I was rather excited to have the car back on track Laughing

Thanks for taking Gordon out, he absolutely loved it! He is raving about how quick it was (and how late you brake Shocked ) He is thinking of a Elise to replace his Z4 eventually.

not at all, much teh same last session of the year, second outing in the elise so was also keen to just drive! Noticed you did rather a lot of that too Smile

Paz laps no problem, fine boy, all in the spirit of things... I locked up a few times yesterday, no ABS, traction control etc, locked up a few times and squirrelly a few times. Gord said not very much, but then said he cant hear a thing through his helmet!

bullit mark wrote:
Thanks for another great day and big thank you to Adam and Fee for organising these events.

Look forward to more events next year.

Mark (green polo)

Whats uinder the bonnet, had a lot fo fun with you, couldnt remotely touch you down the straights, i was in the blue elise... were you on slicks? you were throwing up a lot of rubber, big slick streak down my windscreen Smile

And the (fast, sorry paul) mk2 white golf, was indeed rather rapid!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:48 pm PostPost subject:
samvia
user

Wee vid from me while I still had 4 matching tyres, quite a few other cars make appearances: http://youtu.be/3Ijr8G6bByo

Green Polo spitting a couple of flames: http://youtu.be/fuSxiH27cOk

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:18 pm PostPost subject:
Andy10v

[quote="easty-5"]
Andy10v wrote:

It really is a great picture huh.

That car is pretty much stock. Has an Air intake, exhaust backboxes, Eibach Springs and CL brake pads.

Would love to see your videos. You were fairly shifting, had some good fun following you before finally sneaking past. Think I have some footage following you also. I'll get it uploaded.

That is impressive, it looked like it sat well on the track, and went very well! Fun having something that goes that well on track is still daily driveable.

Mine has been off the road for the last couple of years, so I need to slow down and learn to drive it again, but that was great fun just hooning around shredding the tyres.

I am currently having an argument with the computer about the videos Rolling Eyes

Only have managed to get these off so far

Z4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkDV0BWFVEE

Silver 3 series-(m3 engine?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwhTnd-jfjY

Black impreza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWg-pXCOT1c&feature=youtu.be

Green S2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoqL0SIl7v4

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:20 pm PostPost subject:
Andy10v

Going off topic a bit...

What quality do most people upload videos to youtube? It is taking me ages.

What are the Knockhill open pit lane track days like? There is one on Sunday 23rd and I am rather tempted.

thanks

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:20 pm PostPost subject:
andybell
established user

with the track so busy I was focussing on just having fun out on track as getting a change at a decent lap was minimal. Managed on last session to stay out for 28 laps which was surprising and car took it all in its stride - a good sign for racing I guess.

Had some good chases with some comparable cars but started to get frustrated when I was a little faster overall but they wouldn't let me through :/ Hey ho all part of trackday and was still great fun - need to go through all the footage and see points of interest like the BMW going off Smile

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:25 pm PostPost subject:
bullit mark

Thanks samvia for the wee video of the flames, never thought it done it that much but must do Laughing

The polo has a 20vt turbo fitted out an Audi S3, its only 2WD and running a mk4 golf 02J box with a quaife diff.

The car was running A048's, was good laps with the elise, can see the difference in the corners, suppose a polo was designed for 60bhp not 5 times that Very Happy

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:45 pm PostPost subject:
samvia
user

Andy10v wrote:
Going off topic a bit...

What quality do most people upload videos to youtube? It is taking me ages.

What are the Knockhill open pit lane track days like? There is one on Sunday 23rd and I am rather tempted.

thanks

A bit hit or miss I found. Done a couple, last one seemed to have a lot of hot hatch type stuff out and a few people sitting inside your back seat if they caught you between Duffus and the chicane.

The last couple I attended had long red flag spells too, damp track with oil spills from memory.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:49 pm PostPost subject:
vxrcopey

Gord wrote:
vxrcopey wrote:
yeah that was me in the blue Vxr.. Sweet mate thanks !! Looking forward to seeing them I grew a set of balls this weekend.. Was quicker through the twisties just need to perfect my lines and grow even bigger balls lol!!

Had a fantastic day probz my best trackscotland day!! Cracking cars!

Thanks for Fee and Adam for organising! Roll on next one!!

Yeah I have about half a dozen of your VXR, buddy. Looked great after the chicane as the sun was hitting it. Nice colour of blue!

Is it standard suspension on the car?

Sweet mate! Look forward to seeing pictures...

It has KW's but halfway the top bolt on strut became loose and pushed wheel out cus my arch liner, R888 and wing to get shredded lol!

Partly myself to blame I was throwing it into chicane and clarks lol!

Currently looking at somehow fabricated adjustable top mounts. Currently none for corsa.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:58 pm PostPost subject:
Andy10v

samvia wrote:

A bit hit or miss I found. Done a couple, last one seemed to have a lot of hot hatch type stuff out and a few people sitting inside your back seat if they caught you between Duffus and the chicane.

The last couple I attended had long red flag spells too, damp track with oil spills from memory.

Confused

Doesnt sound the best. I had to wait for over an hour at the first track day I did when a car emptied the contents of the engine over the track. Less time than you paid for, and very busy/frustrated drivers is not a great mix.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:01 pm PostPost subject:
samvia
user

Not to say it's all like that though, I'm sure the first one I did was really good and felt like a Track Scotland session. As with yesterday, the first hour or so is always busy then it does calm down a bit later.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:05 pm PostPost subject:
Andy10v

MX5s? for a lap, then white golf for a lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EszzLlWcLM&feature=youtu.be

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:32 pm PostPost subject:
vxrcopey

Any one got any videos of blue corsa??

I really need to invest in a decent GoPro one av got is an absolute banger.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm PostPost subject:
Aragorn

Well i managed a whole two (very slow) laps, before wrapping the bonnet round the windscreen.

Was getting a brake warning, so pulled off and realised the fluid was a bit low. Topped it up, then dropped the bonnet down and had a look round the car to check for leaks and pumped the brake pedal a bit etc. Everything seemed fine so i jumped in and drove off, having left the bonnet unlatched.

D'oh.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:48 pm PostPost subject:
Subseasteve

Had a cracking time, the evo performed well until it started overheating. Packed up early kobo radiatior on the cards next. Thanks again to Adam and fee, Adam will square you up tomorrow. Anyone any pictures of the White 5 rs?

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Track Days Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next   Page 10 of 12

View previous topic
View next topic