Impreza Rear Shafts R160 (i think)

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Wanted    Page 1 of 1

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 pm PostPost subject: Impreza Rear Shafts R160 (i think)
ayebalpaul

Hi folks,

Would anyone have a spare set of rear shafts for the above diff? From a 1995 car RA import?

I've changed box and rear diff and my shafts don't fit! The drivers side is a bit longer with an additional spline that sits right in the middle of the diff. The new diff doesn't have this and I need a new set.

Thanks,
Paul

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I only have R180 shafts but have you tried Andy at RA? They may have some stuff kicking about...

Other than that.... ebay/breakers
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:29 pm PostPost subject:
ayebalpaul

AK wrote:
I only have R180 shafts but have you tried Andy at RA? They may have some stuff kicking about...

Other than that.... ebay/breakers

Cheers Adam. Got plenty on eBay but wanted to entry here first, normally a bit more local and can get quicker usually.

Paul

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm PostPost subject:
arm10
user

Paul. Check your texts. Ian P said to contact him. He knows of a guy who can do or will make do

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 pm PostPost subject:
arm10
user

Another thought. Assuming SW didn't have my original shafts could this be because they are still in my car? I wouldn't know but with the numerous diff options is it possible that the shafts I'm using in my 6 speed set up can be interchangeable? If that is the case, take them

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:49 pm PostPost subject:
ayebalpaul

arm10 wrote:
Another thought. Assuming SW didn't have my original shafts could this be because they are still in my car? I wouldn't know but with the numerous diff options is it possible that the shafts I'm using in my 6 speed set up can be interchangeable? If that is the case, take them

Hi Alex,

Popped up to SW today and got 1 shaft. Still need the NS one. There is lots of different ones and think the 6 speed are different again. Impresa's are a bit of a minefield. Still waiting on RA getting back to me too

Cheers again
Paul

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:18 pm PostPost subject:
arm10
user

ayebalpaul wrote:
arm10 wrote:

Hi Alex,

Popped up to SW today and got 1 shaft. Still need the NS one. There is lots of different ones and think the 6 speed are different again. Impresa's are a bit of a minefield. Still waiting on RA getting back to me too

Cheers again
Paul

Contact Ian Pitman. He knows someone who is likely to be able to help

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:22 pm PostPost subject:
ayebalpaul

[/quote]

Contact Ian Pitman. He knows someone who is likely to be able to help[/quote]

Hi Alex,

I'm struggling to find one, been talking to Ian but no joy yet. Waiting on a few calls back so hopefully someone has one. If anyone else has an idea that would be great, 1 week till round 3 and 4!!! Eek.

Thanks
Paul

Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 am PostPost subject:
arm10
user

I take it my 6 speed ones wouldn't fit?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:01 am PostPost subject:
ayebalpaul

arm10 wrote:
I take it my 6 speed ones wouldn't fit?

Unfortunately not. The 6 speed rear diff is different. Still got time to get it sorted.
Paul

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:54 pm PostPost subject:
Arch
user

Paul sorry forgot too check, the shafts you need are as you are finding specific to that R160 plated diff. When do you need them by ?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:10 am PostPost subject:
ayebalpaul

Arch wrote:
Paul sorry forgot too check, the shafts you need are as you are finding specific to that R160 plated diff. When do you need them by ?

Hi Arch,

Racing this weekend but I do have one that fits, although I dont think it is engaging fully on the splines. Should be ok hopefully!!

Thanks,
Paul

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:33 am PostPost subject:
Arch
user

ayebalpaul wrote:
Arch wrote:

Hi Arch,

Racing this weekend but I do have one that fits, although I dont think it is engaging fully on the splines. Should be ok hopefully!!

Thanks,
Paul

Sorry for the delay, looks like I do still have them, pictures below, sorry they are not good quality pictures but shafts are in good condition. The drivers side has the snap ring on the shaft, and the passengers side the snap ring is in the diff.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:42 pm PostPost subject:
ayebalpaul

Arch wrote:
ayebalpaul wrote:
Arch wrote:

Hi Arch,

Thanks,
Paul

Sorry for the delay, looks like I do still have them, pictures below, sorry they are not good quality pictures but shafts are in good condition. The drivers side has the snap ring on the shaft, and the passengers side the snap ring is in the diff.

Hi Arch,

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately those match the shafts I have, think they are for the viscous one. I've got one that fits but its not the exact one I need. Think I've a pic but can't upload it.

Paul[/img]

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Wanted    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic