Time Attack

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | General Chat    Page 1 of 1

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 pm PostPost subject: Time Attack
AK
Site Admin

First time i've had a swatche at the live timing for a while.... and it still bothers me.

CLUB class has a car that is speed trapping above some Pro/Pro-extreme and all Club Pro. It times are in line with Pro Extreme too.

Here's the bit I dont understand.

Quick - yes?
Fast - very.

If a car car break the speed traps at those speeds its surely a similar power/spec to the cars in the class above it.

How the hell are people supposed to try and compete with a 'pro' level car in a club level class?

If the car was setting the times with lower speed traps I'd say fair enough, but i just seems like more power wins.
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=ATTACK/2017/173570tat.pdf
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:35 pm PostPost subject:
Evo4dav
established user

Probably one of the reasons why SLS is so successful is that each class is quite competitive unlike current time attack. Laughing

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:41 am PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

I'm more confusled now.

Apparently that car was running 'with' club as it didnt meet the Pro regs because of a 'dash dodger' cage. I thought no dash dodger cages met MSA regs... and TA is an MSA event.

Anyway, seems that it ran in with Club on slicks. Sounds a bit iffy to me having a car that's much quicker on slicks in a session of slower cars on treads because it didnt meet the SAFETY regs to run in PRO. I could have my wires crossed on second hand info though - wouldnt be the first time.

IT STILL FUCKING RAN... but in a more risky condition!

I dont get it Laughing
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:04 am PostPost subject:
playasyougo
user

It's also bizarre that the same car managed to run in Pro at the previous round with no comments about the cage.

It uses a Safety Devices bolt in cage that has no MSA certification and I agree it made little sense and it was poor judgment putting them in the field with slower cars.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

AK wrote:
I'm more confusled now.

Apparently that car was running 'with' club as it didnt meet the Pro regs because of a 'dash dodger' cage. I thought no dash dodger cages met MSA regs... and TA is an MSA event.

Anyway, seems that it ran in with Club on slicks. Sounds a bit iffy to me having a car that's much quicker on slicks in a session of slower cars on treads because it didnt meet the SAFETY regs to run in PRO. I could have my wires crossed on second hand info though - wouldnt be the first time.

IT STILL FUCKING RAN... but in a more risky condition!

I dont get it Laughing

TA Tech Regs have some really strange loopholes, which quite frankly would worry me. Using the traditional Speed Categories as we do in SLS has a general progression of safety requirements as the allowed performance modifications progress. Accepted, there are some anomalies when you get a high performance (or Supercar) which is in Roadgoing Production, like Sam with his McLaren, but generally it makes sense. The power/weight classes then come into play to level the performances.
Running a car on slicks with little in the way of safety requirements just scares me.

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | General Chat    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic