VP race fuel jugs

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | General Chat    Page 1 of 1

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:08 pm PostPost subject: VP race fuel jugs
Wull
user

Anyone else use these?

I purchased one and after reading some reviews stating that they can leak from the cap (underside) when filling up I was eager to try it out.

First impressions are good, from what I can gather is if you hold it at a certain angle it wonít leak whilst filling up, but once doneand you lower it below level some fuel which has sat between the cap and neck dribbles out, a very small amount and nothing to worry about.

Anyone else experience this? Iím happy with it and it doesnít seem anywhere near as bad as some of the reviews.

P.s, most reviews are good, just the few stating that it comes out badly. I believe if it was held more parallel then it may leak out. Apparently taking some emery paper to the lip of the opening can solve the problem but I donít see the need to after what Iíve seen after first use.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 pm PostPost subject:
AK
Site Admin

we used these (tuff jug style) at race of remembrance. They leaked when getting them up and into position, but once fueling they were fine. As you say.... they work.

any system leaks a little :/
500 - 1969 Fiat 500 L
Toureg 262 RLine
Track Scotland

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | General Chat    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic