M12 Eyebolts for harness

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Technical    Page 1 of 1

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 pm PostPost subject: M12 Eyebolts for harness
silky13

Got a question regarding harness fitting ....

I am trying to fit my new 6point harness to my mk1 focus, however unfortunately the point I want to bolt to is m12 not m10 or 7/16Ē. Wondering has anyone else had this issue, and if so how did you resolve? I have looked and can see there are m12 eyebolts available, but these are lifting eyebolts not specifically for Motorsport and I worry that although safe lifting load would be fine, it may be they are not rated correctly for shock loads... donít fancy the fixing point failing should the worst happen!

Photo for reference: [/URL]

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 am PostPost subject:
scottish scrutineer
established user

Those mounting points are too low to attach a harness to. You will end up with the straps pointing down by about 45 degrees. In a shunt they will not hold your torso back against the seat, but will compress your spine. In addition, the left shoulder belt mount is too far to the centre of the car; the result will be the harness will be constantly trying to slip off your shoulders.
If you are going to the trouble of fitting a 6-point harness, please follow the manufacturers installation guides regarding the angles of the harness belts.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:20 pm PostPost subject:
Wull
user

Harness bar should solve that issue

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 pm PostPost subject:
silky13

Cheers for the advice, managed to find 2 m10 mouniting points further back, which work fine.

Installed the harness to the instructions that were in the box and it was noted in there that 45deg angle was the maximum permissible which these mounting points make it under. Approx 35degs.

Cheers,
Tom

Post new topic Reply to topic trackscotland.co.uk Forum Index | Technical    Page 1 of 1

View previous topic
View next topic